Let’s look at this logically and objectively. I’ve created a short quiz for that purpose. Please be honest. Alternative facts not allowed.
- On banning Muslims:
- (0 points): It is better to have a Trump that knows exactly how to ban Muslims legally and ensures the smooth operation of all relevant executive branches to that end.
- (1 point): It is better to have what actually happened.
- On the opposition party (also know as the press):
- (0 points): It is better to have a Trump team that skillfully controls the opposition party and thwarts every attempt to disprove lies or uncover illegal and questionable activity by him and his administration.
- (1 point): It is better to have the opposite of that.
- On the intelligence community:
- (0 points): It is better for Trump to figure out how to neutralize and circumvent the intelligence community (no easy task).
- (1 point): It is better to have a Trump team that rails against the intelligence community at every opportunity not understanding the enormous power they have at their disposal to undermine him.
- On the two Steves, Bannon and Miller (also known as the architects of the apocalypse).
- (0 points): It is better for Trump to cut them loose after realizing that, while agreeing with their version of nationalism — which includes blatant islamaphobia — they simply generate too much bad press.
- (1 point): It is better for Trump to continue to rely on their input and strategies no matter how wacky and dangerous those might be.
- On the Russian connection:
- (0 points): It is better for Trump to deny, deny, deny but pressure Republicans to squelch any formal inquiries by ensuring that his support remains strong.
- (1 point): It is better for Trump to deny, deny, deny even as the evidence mounts up and Republicans and supporters desert him.
- 0-1: You prefer smart Trump. May God have mercy on your soul.
- 2-5: You prefer dumb Trump, hopefully for the right reasons.